Friday 21 June 2024

Double Header Part 2: Lymm Historic Transport Day!

Saturday's Macc-Pow is followed by Sunday's Lymm Historic Transport Day in nearby Lymm, half-way between Altrincham and Warrington! 

This is something very different but aligns with my sensibilities and aim of seeking new suitable events for making comics more visible away from the traditional comic-con venues. The festival is long-running inspired by Lymm's canalboat and transport heritage links and is a popular event on the local calendar.

This year for I believe the first time, they're having a 'Steampunk Section' co-organised by the team at the Portland Basin Steampunk Group and I'm very lucky to be included alongside a small but talented crew of traders, makers and vehicles!

I'm really looking forward to this as its a step into the unknown to see how my comics are received but I do like to challenge myself now and then! Being local its also too good an opportunity to miss and being with fellow steampunks, guaranteed to be fun, I've even bought a gazebo for the occasion!

If the event is anywhere as good as their fab looking posters then I'll be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment