Friday 4 November 2022

MCM a Smash!

Wow that was something! When you've been doing events for a long time, it's easy to take them for granted in a way but in this new 'living with covid' world, there's been a certain joy in returning to things and enjoying yourselves again. This was certainly the case with last weekend's London MCM Comic-Con event which, like it's earlier spring show, was a blast!

These fine Father Ted folks kept me chuckling for ages! 

I've not heard any official figures, but it felt even busier that the May event, which itself was a record breaker, with huge crowds and increased footfall in our Artist Alley area, meaning good to great sales for most people. Without my new graphic novel, I didn't quite match May's record-breaking tally, but came close to it, so very pleased.

Scott enjoying his break from selling comics at his shop!

Having Scott, (returning to his first MCM since 2019), really helped so I had some company and assistance at the table which makes a difference. That said, I still didn't wander around the show much, other than my favourite TinTin pop-up shop, so didn't really see the event itself or everyone that I would've liked to have caught up with.


There was near constant browsers and conversations at the table and selling out of the little watercolour sketches I do with the Moments packs, meant I had to work hard to quickly prepare more, some to customer order! All great stuff and it's nice to be popular!

Howard & Vicky smashing it!

As always there was some great cosplay and where I could, I got a few snaps, thanks to all for obliging and posing, particularly long-time readers Howard and Vicky who were cosplaying for the first time and did a great job! There was a real friendly vibe at the show despite the crowds with folks really enjoying themselves.

Arthur & The Tick
The Fat Controller

We stayed over Sunday as well to give ourselves a wee break and easier journey home which we needed after a fun and successful weekend, already looking forward to next year, fingers-crossed, when I'll make sure I have some new material and plenty of art prepared!


No comments:

Post a Comment