Wednesday 8 June 2022

MCM London Fun!

Well MCM London was fab the other week! Felt like a return to 'normal' and certainly in Artists Alley it was if anything better than 'normal' with footfall pretty steady throughout the three days which helped many, including me post record sales!

The interest in comics was pretty strong and although print artists appear to be in the majority at the show, most of my other comic making chums had also done well, which is great to hear. Oddly my own new prints didn't do so well although they did generate a lot of interest in my table and helped promote the comics so that was good. 

It was great to see so many familiar faces and meet lots of new people too. I had many interesting conversations about comics, creating and lovely comments about my artstyle with a couple even comparing me to Herge's Tintin - I wish! I hardly left my table but did though have a sneaky look at Covent Garden's 'pop-up' Tintin store at the show and bag myself some goodies to celebrate!

I didn't get many photos at all, mainly just folk who came past the table - thanks to all those who kindly posed - but there were many wonderful costumes and characters.

Special thanks to my Artist Alley neighbour, Eilidh Price who, with her partner, were a delight. It was her first-time exhibiting at the show but she was very well received and sold well with her amazing prints and art - I had to snag one myself as a forthcoming birthday gift for someone special, who I know will love her style. Check Eilidh's site out here and I hope to see her on the circuit again soon :) 

All great fun and here's hoping I can attend again for their next one in the Fall, end of October.

No comments:

Post a Comment