Friday 13 November 2020

Creating Comics!

Catching up with things, here's a wee link to the short  'Creating Comics' video I made for Sanctuary Online, the virtual alternative to the annual Asylum Steampunk Festival.

In the video, I run through my process behind the 'Heart's Desire' story featured in last year's Accent UK Return to the Asylum comic - see also an earlier blog post featuring this and also here for a short animation of this, now famous wee story, prepared for 2020's earlier virtual steampunk gathering, Steam over Ether!.


 The whole youtube channel from the Ministry of Steampunk is worth a look for many other fun and informative videos, talks & music. Speaking of music, if you watch my video and like mystery's you can also discover my secret 80's musical crush :)

3 comments:

  1. Excellent little video, Colin - especially enjoyed the line "I do like my scruffs"! Also loved that Zulu pencilled page, looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Garen, it was fun to do. Getting there with Zulu but you know how it is ....... Oh btw, every time I say 'Kandahar' I think of you for some reason :)

      Delete
  2. I didn't know there was Kandahar ink - I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete